8/03/2012

remember





I saw this on my first visit to Yoga Haven, Birmingham and it instantly struck a chord with me. Recently I am immensely drawn to the ideas of valuing human life, making the most of every single day and self-development.

I do think the reminder of kindness towards others is needed right now in contemporary society. I try my best at this, but I am guilty of allowing my personal discomforts to override this intention; be it in a snappy remark, an icy glare or some other un-neighbourly act. It is something I would am trying to eliminate, as I know from experience how the mood of others can impact upon our own.

Think about the last time a stranger was kind and courteous to you, how it made you feel. For me, it really brightens my whole day and can snap me out of a bad mood by restoring my faith in humanity. Now think about the last time someone was inconsiderate or unnecessarily rude to you - the random spontaneity of this unnecessary act can decrease your mood instantly.

It takes more energy to be miserable than positive. Remember how for a split second you can affect someone elses life by acting neighbourly. You will feel better with yourself for doing it.  


Happy Friday!





No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts?!