8/01/2012

what I am loving this week . . .

Hello everybody! Happy Thursday!

 I can't believe how quick this week is going! Here's what I have been loving this week...



1. Olympic fever




6 days until I get a slice of the Olympic pie! Cannot wait to be amerced in such an amazing atmosphere after hearing my Dad rave on about the great time he had at the hockey yesterday! Fingers crossed for good weather! Plus, its great workout motivation!


 

2. Summer eats


+  



Juicy strawberries as big as my hand? Yes please! Enjoyed best as a healthy snack with Fage Total 0% Greek yogurt . . .  tried it for the first time this week and omg delicious! So thick and creamy with an amazing 10.3g protein per 10g, yet for only 57kcal per 100g!

I have also being enjoying  frappuccino's. I mean, really enjoying. I don't know how they are so good, I am convinced they add something mildly addictive . . . but I'm happy to ignore that impulse. Pure happiness in a cup.



3.  Haircuts


My salon, Zullo & Holland, Nottingham, which I can highly recommended! Before I started coming here, I dreaded the hairdressers!  The staff are all so lovely and talented and I love the relaxed vibe. 


Three hours later...ta-da!
 (Cheer up duck... or just stop taking pictures of yourself on the train!)


Is there anything that compares to the revitalising feeling that a trip to the salon provides? I loved my new 'do straight away, which is not normal for me . . . it normally takes me a few days/washes to get used to!

I omitted my usual golden highlight and just went for one light and one dark, and had an ash toner put on afterwards. I really like the finished colour, it had started to seem a little too yellow-ish for me!  I didn't have a cut this time as I am trying to grow it a little, but the shape looks better just after having it blow-dried!



4. Clouds




Pretty clouds cheer me up so much and make a not-so clear blue sky bearable. I am constantly snapping pictures of them, but they are elusive... you can hardly ever capture their beauty on camera! Simple pleasures...


5. Pepper




Ooooooooooh how I have missed my little cheeky monkey. An impromptu trip back home to Nottingham supplied me with a fix of Pepper love. . .

She let me know she wasn't happy with my disappearance . . .

. . . but she finally came around


and showed me some love before some epic rolling and belly rubbing commenced. . .









Oh and an some extra 'lols' for you . . .


 I visited my grandad this week and was having a mooch through all the stuff he is getting rid of in a clear out, and found a self-portrait I had drawn when I was in primary school . . .




How very gender-conscious was I making sure I had a dress on! I don't know why my hair was so short, I am sure I had long hair as a kid...? Also, hello hands?! I think the teacher must have specifically reminded us all to not forget our hands as nearly EVERYBODY had crazy large hands drawn on! Ah, I loved seeing this blast from the past.


 I also found some cute Irish coffee glasses that my grandad kindly said I could have. They came with a little instruction/recipe book, which concluded with a suggested toast I found a little strange but very Irish . . .


hahaha!




Enjoy the rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts?!