11/11/2012

trick or treat? [late Haloween post]

 
 
 
 
 
As you may know, I am a big fan of monthly goal setting. Halloween seemed an apt time to review my goals. Marking the last day of October, I realised another month had sped past into a blink of an eye. 
 
 
October had been a break in many ways... a break from a hectic running training, from the mad push to sort things out after been away of the summer, and from my crazy work schedule. For the first time in a long time, I finally had a chance to relax, enjoy myself and soak up the season. I had nothing looming on my agenda, no plan or schedule to follow. I have to admit, it was a nice change.





Yet as it draws to a close, I know this is not the way I want to go on all winter. I need structure in my life, I need a plan, a goal. I thrive when I am on task (or more accurately, 100 tasks at once!) I hate not knowing what to do with myself, and quickly become restless and anxious when this is the case.


Pinned Image
 

The days are  getting shorter and the mercury is falling. We are heading into a period of cold, wet, windy grey days that might not improve until May. Salads will be replaced with hearty dinners, bikinis with chunky layers, fun in the sun with cosy nights in, curled up in front of the fire. The season's  occasions provide many opportunity to indulge, from holiday baking, not-so-healthy comfort foods to holiday drinks) that are hard to resist.
 
 

 

This Halloween, I have deciding to treat myself right throughout winter.


I am vowing not to fall into a sedentary, lazy lifestyle. I am promising myself not to forget all of my good habits, and not to lose to progress made in my fitness from all the hard work I put into my half-marathon training.


 

October has been a nice break, but I don't want to trick myself and fall into the easy option, that leaves us waking up one day in May realising 'bikini time' is approaching and we are far from our beach bodies. I do not want to fall into the familiar cycle of dieting and exercising one half of the year, and giving up the other half.






I want to be healthy all year round, to show my body the love, care and respect it deserves. I don't want to fill it with foods I would normally never touch as it is buried under layers and layers of clothes.  I am determined to keep it exercised and well worked by staying active, giving myself the mental boost and physical release I need.


 

I have been at mulling over the direction of my blog since completing my half marathon, and think this latest endeavour will serve as an excellent base for a range of posts addressing how to stay fit, healthy and happy through the winter months. I feel it can be an excellent springboard to address a range of topics I have been wanting to cover for a long time, but have been unsure how to incorporate. I hope it can provide the structure I need as a slightly OCD person.
 
All in all it seems a great way to keep my mission for a happy and healthy life raring to go. I will share my specific month by month goals I make, along with other more in-depth posts addressing motivation to keep at this and ensure I can enjoy the season's treats healthfully and guilt free.
 
 
 
 
Check back soon for my first post in this series!
 
 
Hope you all had a great weekend,
 
andrea x

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts?!