7/03/2012

body pump 82 review


***** I HAVE SINCE WRITTEN AN UPDATED REVIEW....NOT AS INDEPTH BUT WORTH A GLANCE!! PLEASE SEE HERE *****



source


I did the new body pump release for the first time this morning.... it was a mixed bag, its definately not love at first sight! I did really like the lunge track, and most of the tracks felt completely different, which is obviously great for keeping your strength training routine and the class in general fresh. Overall however, I really didn't love the music, and felt myself zoning out at times I was so bored by it... It really didn't 'pump' me up and get me motivated to work out like it usually does. Hopefully as I get more used to it and the new moves it will grow on me.

Here's my track by track review:

1. Warm-up


This warm-up felt completely new, and not at all like previous body pump warm ups which normally are quite similar. The transitions were quick and felt kind of odd, and the track overall went really quick - it felt like we only did a few of each moves.

2. Squats


These seemed quite challenging as there was two long sets of work with only short breaks, so I can see this one growing on me. The song really didn't seem to fit and it seemed really slow-paced, I felt like I zoned out and wasn't giving it my all as the music was so blah.

3. Chest


This track was hard (in a good way!) 3 long, hard sets with the bar doing something a little different kept it interesting, as did the push-ups at the end. The transitions are so quick and next time I need to have my mat and plate laid out right for the raised press-up, as I missed a few trying to readjust. The song seems like it will grow on me.

4. Back


Mabye its my own fault for not going heavier, but this track seemed really meh. I hated the music - I detest that song AND felt like it really wasn't mixed right. It was very heavy on the dead lifts.

5. Triceps


Because I love overhead extensions it really felt like it missed something, but i guess it was nice having some different moves (trying really hard to find positives here)  It really didn't feel as challenging as normal, so I will be using the next few weeks to perfect my form, especially for tricep push ups.  The music was. . . well not that motivating for me.

6. Biceps


This track was good. Three challenging sets before a quick break and a final set. I liked the music (we used the alternative track, thank god! David Guetta cover > Nickelback, every time!), just wish they had utilised the beat and done more singles/halves, felt like I was restraining myself!

 

7. Lunges


This was my favourite track. Maybe it was my instructor's enthusiasm for the song that took her back to her youth or just the jumping squats at the end, but I loved it! Really great to be doing a body weight lower body workout  as I increase my mileage.

8. Shoulders


Seemed really similar to the last few releases in terms of moves, but for some reason I found it alot harder! Maybe something to do with the timings of the moves? I'm looking forward to upping the weight on my bar for the overhead presses at the end. The music fit the track great, gotta love abit of house for the shoulder sets!

9. Abs


Finally, a song I like! I liked this track, and was really glad the hill-climbers were in there again. Very similar to the last release, but seemed alot shorter to me?

 

10. Cool down


A nice long stretch track. Couldn't get Will Ferrell singing this song at the end of Step Brothers out of my head. 



I definitely preferred the second half, but to be fair I did have to drag myself there this morning.Lets just hope it was tiredness that made me feel blah, and ill enjoy it more next time!

Have you tried Body Pump 82 yet? What did you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts?!