7/25/2012

london calling . . .


Yay! England's summer is officially here! The sun came out for the first time the sun yesterday, and what a beautiful day it was! Hence my lack of blogging, but please understand I have had no vitamin D for nearly two months. Here's what I have been up to:





 Yesterday started with a great al fresco yoga practise in the a.m.,  I soaked up the morning sun in my dads lovely garden. Is there a better way to start the day?!


summer breakfast = fruit & yogurt!

After a quick shower I headed off to the big smoke with my dad & bro for a day with the London family.... train trips always remind me how beautiful the England is, especially in the summer. Clear blue skies over the country side and cornfields rolling on for miles...







Pulled into the my favourite station (so very platform nine and three quarters! and was amerced into the rat race that is the London Underground; straight away it hit me....

 I love London!!!

There is such a great vibe.... so much energy... there is constantly something going on and it really in enchanting. I could (and tried to... much to my brothers disgust) walk around the city for days and days on end.

The history, the significance of place, the architecture, the culture, museums and art, the fashion, the people, the food... ahhh i love it! Makes me wonder why I get so obsessed on visiting great foreign cities when I have this gem so close to home to enjoy. Being there made me seriously considering upping sticks and moving South!

We shimmied on over to the embankment, where we met our family to unveil our Uncle's birthday surprise... a private chartered speedboat down the Thames!

the boat!

Me looking apprehensive on the boat! (not looking forward to getting wet with dirty river water!) 



It was so much fun! Such a unique way to see the city (if you can keep the eyes open travelling at that speed!) and enjoy the beautiful weather! I would highly recommend riding the rib boat if you are in London (just maybe not if it is raining... unless you fancy donning a wet suit!)


 The boat trip was followed by lots of these. . .




 enjoyed in the sun by the river catching up with the family. I love Pimm's, a must for a British summer day and one of my favourite summer treats! Such a lovely day!


More importantly, being in the city finally compounded my Olympic fever! I never managed to see the torch so I had kind of forgotten all the hype, but now I cant wait to go back in 2 weeks time! Hopefully going to manage to stick around for a few days to enjoy the city in the summer some more!





Olympic rings display on Tower Bridge


Today I have being busy enjoying the sun, spending some quality time with the bro (making some REAL exciting plans!), joining a new gym (so much bigger than mine! so many more interesting machines!), busting out a 25 minute speed run before my third attempt at body pump '82... its getting easier each time! Managed to complete all of the raised push-ups today - yay! Looking forward towards more sun tomorrow, but think I will have to postpone my 6 miler till the evening. . . I can't run in this heat!


Enjoy the sunshine!




Are you enjoying the late summer? What are your feelings about London -  love it or hate it? Whose excited for the Olympics?!



No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts?!