7/21/2012

food I miss from the states

Although I moaned at the time and couldn't wait to get home to my regular food (again, in British, I am allowed to moan, its what we do....) there turns out to be some things have left a gap in my stomach heart. Some expected, some not so....

Here is a list of the food I miss most from the states. Feel free to post me some over.... please?!

 
 
 
  • Exciting produce and Saturday morning farmers market vibes! Okra, rainbow chard, spaghetti squash, apples as big as my face. . .

  • Almond Breeze. Mmm mmm mmm - so good! Tasty, nutritional, and affordable. England's equivalent is literally pathetic.
  • Whole Foods salad bar, scratch that Whole Foods full stop! So expensive, but what a treasure trove of ideas and healthy inspiration!

  • Texas Pete hot sauce. Nothing brings the heat like it! A real overlooked gem, in my opinion... literally the perfect and so cheap! Hot sauce isn't that big here, and hence is rather expensive, or just a strange consistency/spice-ness. Bad times.

  •  Kashi cereals. Best cereal brand ever?! Oh I miss those breakfasts.




  • The peanut butter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One word: ridic.


  • White eggs. Okay so these taste exactly the same but they were fun in the sense the made me feel like the barefoot countessa.

  • Tofurky. Only embraced this towards the end of my trip, and I cursed myself for not getting on it earlier. They are probably not the best protein option, but omg are they delicious. I seriously have had dreams about them since I have been home. Worrying, no?
  • Caramel syrup for homemade frappes when Starbucks had bankrupt me

  • Sobe vitamin water & Mountain Dew - a cheeky treat. Although they have brought both of these out here now, they are nowhere near as good!

  • Luna Bars. My mouth waters, yet my eyes cry simultaneously thinking about these. There is no equivalent. Best healthy snack bar, ever!
  • firefly sweet tea vodka. whipped cream vodka, the liquor store selection in general, egg and cheese biscuits (preferably from Bojangles's), macaroni and cheese. Ahem.

  • Brunch ---- what a perfect time for eating out. England seriously needs to get on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts?!