7/29/2012

week 5 training recap



Well I am glad I have got back on track this week! The weather has been beautiful and I managed to do lots of sunbathing and get rid of my cold before it got  too bad! Summer has kicked into full swing; flowers, sunshine and incredible sunsets make the world seem a much better place!

 




        


   


My general workout vibe this week. Despite feeling like I was coming down with something at the start of the week and the blistering heat (okay for England it is!) I managed to fit in all of my scheduled runs and workouts. Okay so this shouldn't be an achievement but after the chaos of last few weeks its a victory for me! They weren't in the right order still, but hey life gets in the way!

I also finally brought a new diary (major excitement for a planning freak like me...) and put all of my training runs up until race day.... major motivation for getting back on track! It does not seem far away at all!


Lets recap . . .
  • Miles run:  16
  • Weeks until race: 8 weeks (that doesn't seem like alot at all!
  • Running vibes: Great!!!!!!!!!
  • Highs: My six mile run felt great this week! Really gaining the confidence that I am going to be  able to run 13.1!  



  • Lows:  I honestly can't think of one... Wednesday's easy run was difficult, the worst day of my sickness and 27c  heat didn't mix well, but thinking back now it wasn't too bad!
  • Running song of the week:  Loads! After looting my brothers iTunes I have loads of new songs I am loving, think my favourite has to be pitbull - back in time. I love it!!!
  • Diet: Good, lots of salad and fresh fruits in this hot weather! Eats of the week . . .

  • 
    chili pesto cod with wholewheat pasta, garlic kale tomatoes and onion

    First successful oats in a jar! Yum


      
    A picnic in the park!

        

    A delicious breakfast at Manic Organic, in Kings Heath.
    My food picture didn't come out great but I had poached eggs on the most delicious toast I have ever eaten (seriously!) and a banana, raspberry, strawberry, melon, pineapple and kiwi smoothie.
    Everything is organic, vegetarian and as local where possible, and is such a cute little space!



     
    Hope you all had a great weekend!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    thoughts?!