7/13/2012

The Simple Things: A-Z

I saw this post over on Carrots n Cake last week and thought it would be a good way to share a little more about me on the blog. Here goes!


A - Apples. The name of my blog reflects how much I love apples. I need to write about this sometime soon, but needless to say I like to eat an apple a day! I like red apples that are crisp, sweet and refreshing, preferably with cottage cheese or a sprinkle of cinnamon!

B - Body Pump. I looooove body pump. My favourite way to strength train. I've been pumping (lol) for about a year now, and see it more of a hobby than a workout. Puts a big smile on my face! Especially a deadlift. And chest press. And tricep work out. Oh I love it all!!



C - Cats. I am a crazy cat-lover. My cheeky monkey Pepper is my best friend and the cutest thing in the world. I sometimes think she can hear me and is going to start talking one day like Salem from Sabrina the Teenage Witch. I would secretly love to be a crazy cat lady when I am older and live with a hundred cats.

D - Dancing. I'm not a good dancer by any means, in fact I am really really bad, but thats partly what makes it so fun.

E - Eating. I love food. I love thinking about food, talking about food, making food and eating food. Probably abit to much, but thats okay, its just the way I am and like my Granddad says, eating is one of life's great pleasures.

Pinned Image
F - Fashion. I love fashion blogs, shopping, planning outfits and greatly appreciate people with good style.

G - Gold Jewelry. I used to be all about the silver, but now I am loving gold. I think its great against tanned skin and sun-bleached blonde hair.

H - Heat.  Hot sun. Hot yoga. HOT showers. Hot sandwiches. Hot drinks. Warm clothes and cosy bedware. Heat  = happiness.


I - Ice coffee. Gots to keep cool in all that heat! Homemade ice coffee is the way I resist spending a fortune on coffee out. Plus, ice is essential to allow me to drink soy milk in coffee, as it curdle like gross in hot coffee.

J -Jorts.  (Jean-shorts for the non savvy out there). If I am not in my workout gear, chances are I am in some jean-shorts. I practically live in them. In the summer i wear a light, faded pair with bare legs, a vest top and flip flips, and in the winter I like darker washes over black or grey opaque tights with a cosy jumper.

K - CKleaning. Struggled with the K, but I love cleaning. Okay, maybe I just love it being clean, tidy and organised, but I am prepared to do the work to get to this desired state. I used to tidy my friend's bedrooms for them when I was little and went around to play. Oh just thought of a better one, Karl Pilkington! I love him!

Pinned Image
L - Laughing. I love laughing uncontrollably until my belly and cheeks hurt, which happens quite often as I am quite over excitable. Unfortunately for everyone else I have a really annoying, loud laugh cackle, but oh well.

M - Me-Time. I love me-time to be 100% selfish and just to exactly what I want. Whether that is exercising, pampering, reading, organising or a top secret activity, a bit of me-time keeps me sane.

N - Nostalgia. I love being nostalgic and thinking about memories, but try to remember to live in the present, not the past.


O - Organising. Whether its organising an event, a mess or formulating a plan, I love to be organised. Organisation is so important for keeping up with goals and my schedule, let alone my mood. I love making lists. I sometimes wonder if alot of my hobbies (home decorating, hosting dinner parties, holidays etc) are just excuses to organise.

P - Peanut butter. I was introduced to peanut butter when I was 15, and I dread to think how much I have consumed since them as there has probably been less than 10 days since then when I haven't ate some. Sometimes I wonder if I wish I had never been introduced to it, but I am finally getting my peanut butter eating under control - I now eat the all natural variety, have a handle on my portion control and rarely eat it out of the jar these days.

Q - Questions. I am often told I ask questions, but I love being inquisitive. It helps me learn so much and is my main way of connecting with people. See T.

Pinned Image

R -Running. Makes me feel refreshed, confident and great about myself. So glad I have running in my life, I credit it for so much.

S - Stretching.  Can't beat a cheeky stretch. A big stretch when you wake up is the best thing ever. As is yoga after a long run!

T - Talking. I talk relentlessly. I talk to my cat when there is no one else to talk to. I talk till I am tired. I could talk for England. One of the reasons I started a blog is to give everyone in my life a break from my constant jabbering.

U -  Undergraduate. Even though nothing annoys me more than the stereotypical undergrad student, especially those who never want to grow up, I really appreciate the last four years as a major learning curve in my life, both academic and personally. I truly loved what I studied, it has become my passion, and I have developed so much as a person. I am a little sad it is over (mainly because my life as  I knew it has been thrown to the wind) but I am trying to keep optimistic about the next chapter of my life. Looking forwards, but living in the present.

Pinned Image
V - Vacations. Okay I say 'holiday' not 'vacation' because I'm not American but I couldn't think of another V and already had a H. I love going on holiday, I love relaxing holidays, sightseeing holidays, travelling holidays. I love the meomories of all my childhood holidays. I love getting away and experiencing new cultures, foods and places. And because holidays normally = heat, see H.

W  - www. How did the world cope without the Internet? I need the web at my fingertips to check the weather, wickid-pedia, and resolve all my wonderings.

X-  X marks the spot. Bit of a stretch, but I love a good treasure hunt. Reminds me of summer holiday's spent at my grandparents as a kid. Really wish someone would make me one now. So much fun.

Y - Year changing. I love seasons. Even though I constantly moan that they all blend together in England to a grey, drizzly eternity, I do really love the season's changing... the flowers of spring, the long summer days, the autumn leaves, the traditions of winter. I am allow to moan in practise that it is too hot/too cold/not the right season because I am English. It's what we do.

Z - zzzzzzz'ing. I love sleep. Preferably 10+ hours a night, with my favourite soft sheets on the bed and Pepper snoozing in sight on her favourite blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts?!